Mediterranean School of Complex Networks
Catania, Sicily 25 - 30 June 2023Previous edition
In the last decade, network theory has been revealed to be a perfect instrument to model the structure of complex systems and the dynamical process they are involved into. The wide variety of applications to social sciences, technological networks, biology, transportation and economic, to cite just only some of them, showed that network theory is suitable to provide new insights into many problems.
Given the success of the Seventh Edition in 2022 of the Mediterranean School of Complex Networks, we call for applications to the Eighth Edition in 2023.
The official language of the School is ENGLISH
The School will award two prizes: to one attendant, for the best flash talk and to one lecturer, for the best lecture.
COVID19: In response to the current pandemic emergency, the organizers will develop an adequate plan for safety, in agreement with current laws. Please, note that the organizers may require the COVID 19 test before and during school.
1. Provide a theoretical background to students (Master, PhD) and young researchers in the field, with particular attention to current trends in Network Science.
2. Promote philosophical and scientific exchange between all participants, i.e., lecturers and attendants.
Why choose Us
The program will involve lectures from experts in different fields for 70% of the duration of the school. The remaining time will be dedicated to:
1. Flash talks given by attendants, followed by debates;
2. Thematic round tables involving lecturers and attendants.
Payments received after the official deadline will be subjected to an additional fee of 50€. We kindly invite you to pay your registration before the deadline.
- Application deadline (no payment needed at this stage):
26 March 2023
- Notification of Acceptance:
02 April 2023
- Registration deadline (payment needed):
07 May 2023
- School (tentative dates):
25 -30 June 2023
From 2022 the Mediterranean School of Complex Networks and the International School of Informatics and Dynamics in Complex Networks have joined their forces into a single event.
The new board of directors include, in alphabetic order: Prof. Alex Arenas (URV, Spain), Prof. Vincenza Carchiolo (UniCT, Italy), Prof. Manlio De Domenico (UniPD, Italy), Prof. Mattia Frasca (UniCT, Italy) and Prof. Giuseppe Mangioni (UniCT, Italy)
From 2023, the editions of MSCX will alternate between other locations in the Mediterranean area and Salina.